Welcome!

This is the official blog of Scott Swift. Here I will be discussing my stories, the writing process, ideas, etc.

Thursday, September 8, 2011

The Tears of Mars

Ok, so I've been working on this really great new story called "The Tears of Mars".  Like most of my stories I know all the basic elements, but something I didn't expect is happening - it's sort of turning into a continuation of "The Wizard's Tontine" (one of my favs!).  I had planned on revisiting that tale one day, but certainly not in this story! 

I like how it's turning out so far (not that I have much choice - the story is kind of just finding it's own way), and I know how all the original elements fit in, but it's just not what I expected when I sat down to write.  In many ways I think it's better than the original idea I had, and it definitely helps to bring closure (for me at least) to Tontine. 

I'll be sure to let you all know how it turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment